Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Concluding the Class


I wanted to take this moment to thank my faithful readers (both of them) for commenting and interacting with me via this blog. My objective in making this blog was to make people aware of the potential that Biofuels have and talk about how some of them work, how they are made possible applications of them and to see how they might affect the environment of business.

I wouldn't say this technology is revolutionary, because right now it is being used in vehicles that already exist, however I would say it is evolutionary, because it has come out of our present use of petroleum fuels, but continues in a direction that will be better for the environment. It is a technology that needs to be expanded upon by biologists, chemists and engineers. At the end of the day, biofuels are only as strong as the source that powers them, which is ultimately the sun.

SPF 30 Million?

As technology continues to improve, data will travel faster and faster, becoming more and more accessible, but goods and people will always need to be transported, and Biofuel will be around to aid in that endeavor. While other technologies like hydrogen and electricity may be possible in the future, biofuels offer a realistic way of making the transition off from petroleum based fuels.


1 comment:

  1. Although I don't think I ever commented on your blog, I was reading some of your posts during the past few weeks.. So count me in as another reader of your blog! :) (Also, I noticed that the articles you post on the Facebook group were interesting and typically about alternative energy sources--woo!)

    Anyway, I liked how you provided a very informative blog that included a lot of balanced discussion and explanations. The Green Hornet was pretty cool! I hope that scientists will keep on developing more efficient biofuels!

    Sidenote: A few days ago I took a survey about my ecological footprint; although I think of myself as pretty environmentally-friendly (for instance, I drive a Prius), the result was a little shocking. If everyone on Earth lived like I did, the survey said, it would require 4.3 Earths to sustain us. I really hope scientists come up with efficient and innovative ways for us to lead more sustainable lives!

    ReplyDelete